Love coming to the market? Wondering how to get more involved? Volunteering at Hillsdale Farmers Market is a great way for shoppers of all ages to enrich their neighborhood community while spending time outside, learning more about our vendors and their products, meeting new people, and having a great time.
Our volunteers enrich the market with their talents, passions, and dedication to community. Some of the services our volunteers provide:
- Setting up market infrastructure each market day morning
- Selling market tokens and answering questions at the Information Booth
- Planning and organizing market events
- Staffing event booths (such as our Opening Day Plant Giveaway, Customer Appreciation Day chocolate covered strawberries, Tomato Mania market tomato sampling, Feed Me Fresh cooking demonstrations, and the Hillsdale Urban Fair)
- Serving on the HFM Board of Directors.
We are in need of a few new volunteers this summer to help with market set-up (from 8-10am; ability to do some heavy lifting is useful but certainly not required), information booth (10am-12pm or 12-2pm) and special events, including the upcoming second annual Hillsdale Urban Fair on October 11, 2015. Find out more about volunteering at Hillsdale Farmers’ Market here: http://www.hillsdalefarmersmarket.com/volunteering/, or contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah West at email@example.com for more information.
Please let us know if you have an idea for the market and would like to be a part of seeing your idea to fruition! We know there is a lot of untapped talent out there in Hillsdale and we look forward to hearing from you.