2 lb. ripe tomatoes, cut in 1 inch chunks
1 onion, coarsely chopped
2 peppers, seeded and cut into ½ inch pieces
8 to 10 basil leaves
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook until onions begin to become translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and a little salt. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add peppers, cover and simmer another 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, uncover and let cool until warm.
5. Tear basil leaves, stir into soup and serve.