2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp nut oil
1 whole raw chicken, cut into strips or diced
½ cup fresh chopped tarragon leaves, tops reserved for garnish
Crème fraiche, to taste
Lemon juice, to taste
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In your largest skillet on med-high, heat the butter and oil together until sizzling but not brown.
- Add the chopped tarragon and chicken pieces immediately and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the chicken is sticky and a nice caramel color.(The butter will have browned by now, but that is fine as long as it does not burn) Depending upon the relative sizes of your skillet and your chicken, you may need to do this in two batches.
- Turn the chicken over and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add a large spoon of crème fraiche - about 2 tablespoons, but you can add more later. Allow to bubble for about 2 minutes and then add some lemon juice to taste.
- Season with salt and pepper and adjust the consistency if you want it creamier.
- Serve with fresh tarragon leaves scattered over the top and a side salad with French dressing.
Recipe from Chrissie Manion Zaerpoor, Kookoolan Farms