1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. cardamom seed powder
½ tsp. salt
1 ¾ cups sugar
2/3 cups canola oil
4 large eggs
4 cups finely grated peeled carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups, or butter and flour the tins.
- Sift together the flours, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the sugar, oil, and eggs until well blended. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat just enough to combine. By hand, stir in the grated carrots and chopped walnuts.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and place it on a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Then, carefully remove the muffins from the tin and set them on a rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Kathryn Yeomans - Sage Culinary Advice
For more recipes & market stories, visit The Farmer’s Feast http://thefarmersfeast.me